Find the latest bookmaker offers available across all uk gambling sites www.bets.zone Read the reviews and compare sites to quickly discover the perfect account for you.

Jonathan Must Be Arrested, Too Weak For Not Monitoring Dasuki

The fund, which was managed by the office of former national security adviser, Sambo Dasuki, has led to the questioning, arrest and detention of many prominent Nigerians. However, some people are still wondering why the ex-president, who is believed to be the principal actor in the unfolding scenario, has not been arrested or summoned for questioning.

Younews reports that Magu gave the explanation on Monday, January 11, speaking at a gathering of online news publishers under the aegis of the Guild of Corporate Online Publishers in Lagos.

The EFCC boss said that no document has been traced to Jonathan giving any approval for the disbursement of the money for any other purpose than arms purchase.

He further noted that all those questioned so far in connection with the money were people who disbursed or collected it for reasons other than the purchase of arms and ammunition.

“All approvals by former president Jonathan did not mention that it was for political purposes.

“All the memos approved by him was for the purchase of arms,” he said.

Magu said that Jafar Isa who was arrested for receiving N170 million from Dasuki has already refunded N100 million and signed an undertaking to refund the balance. However, he added that despite the refund, Isa would still be prosecuted.

Speaking about Olisa Metuh, the EFCC boss revealed that the national publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party said he would rather go on hunger strike than refund the N400 million he allegedly collected from Dasuki.

Maga also said that Patrick Akpobolokemi, a former boss of Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, was recently re-arrested after new evidences of alleged embezzlement of N34.5 billion and another N600 million were linked to him.

The EFCC chairman stressed that the war against graft was not selective and assured Nigerians that his agency was not teleguided in the ongoing anti-corruption fight.

He called on the media to join the EFCC to win the anti-corruption war and noted that the victory would be for the benefit of the next generation.

Meanwhile, there are indications that some prominent Nigerians might soon be invited by the anti-graft agency.

According to sources close to the EFCC, the people on the list include ex-Board of Trustees chairman of the PDP, Chief Tony Anenih, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, Chief Olu Falae, the former Oyo state governor, Rasheed Ladoja, and a few others.

About Younews Ng

Check Also

Ondo Govt tackles Presidency for defending herdsmen

Ondo government is taking exception to wordings of Presidency statement to Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu as ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *