Find the latest bookmaker offers available across all uk gambling sites www.bets.zone Read the reviews and compare sites to quickly discover the perfect account for you.
Tuesday , 26 September 2017

Saraki denies stolen N310m from his house.. DSS operative insist

Despite the claim by a former operative of the Department of State Services, Abdulrasheed Maigari, that N310 million was stolen from the residence of the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, in November 2015, the media team of the country’s number three man on Sunday insisted the money was not his.
Maigari, who was arrested alongside some alleged kidnappers by the police last week, said they stole the money on the order of an Army Captain, who was a part of the security team in Saraki’s house on the day the cash was brought in.
He put the time of the theft at about 1am.
But Saraki, in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Sonny Onogu, denied knowledge of the money.
The statement said: “The attention of the Media Office of the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has been drawn to a rehash of mischievous and concocted allegations aimed at misleading the public with spurious claims that the Senate President allegedly owned the sum of N310million said to have been stolen from a Bureau de Change operator in November 2015, by suspected operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) and some army personnel.
“This Office wants to reiterate that the Senate President had nothing to do with the said stolen money by suspected security agents then and even now as being maliciously peddled by some online media to tarnish his image.
“It would be recalled that when the incident was reported by the media in December 2015, a section of the online media which has become notorious for dragging the name of the Senate President into issues that he knows nothing about, the DSS issued a statement where it stated that it had arrested some of its men that partook in robbing a Bureau de Change operator in Abuja.
“This Office had also in a statement, in reaction to the false report, stated that the Senate President had nothing to do with the money allegedly stolen. We still insist that he has nothing to do with the money and we challenge those still rehashing the stale and fake news to avail themselves of the reports of the police and the DSS on the matter to avoid misleading members of the public unnecessarily.
“Let me state that the Senate President has no army personnel among his security details. Therefore, it becomes absurd for one of the suspect in the robbery to have claimed according to the report that the money was brought to the Senate President’s house from where they connived to steal it.
“The report remains a lie which must be disregarded by the public, and should it be recirculated tomorrow, it will still remain a lie. At best we count this unwarranted fake report as part of the April Fool ritual. But the public deserves a better deal from its sponsors and purveyors.
“Besides, the content and intention of the fake is nothing but baseless allegations emanating from the infantile minds of unreasonable interlopers, hell bent on rubbing mud on the reputation of a distinguished Nigerian, who is today in his capacity as the Senate President, is working assiduously with critical stakeholders to stabilize and grow our economy. Enough is enough.”
But Maigari said last week: “I served in Operations Department at Gombe and Osun Commands of the DSS before my dismissal in 2015.
“Before I was dismissed, I was posted to the home of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, in Maitama and in November 2015, I can’t recall the exact date, three vehicles brought in the N310 million into the compound and the Army Captain, who was on ground that day, ordered that we should take the money away because he suspected the money was government money, which could have been wrongly appropriated and could, therefore, be taken.
“We were four DSS operatives and four army officers involved and we drove the three cars to a house in Suleja, where the money was shared.
“I got N30 million and I bought a car and took it to Kaduna State, where I hid the rest of my share.
“I came back to Abuja.
“But on November 28, 2015, I was asked to report at DSS Headquarters and when I got there, I was interrogated over the theft and detained for five months, dismissed and charged to court.
“I was remanded in Kuje Prison, where I eventually fell ill after seven months.
“I was very sick and I was granted bail by the court on health grounds.”

About Younews Ng

Check Also

uzoka UBA

UBA wins Interswitch awards

United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc has emerged best institution in two esteemed categories at ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *