Will PMB be able to suspend the GMD of the NNPC because the GMD is from the North ?
- Will Buhari force a review of the $25b contracts?
- Will the President ask Baru to step down pending an investigation into the allegations?
- Will the recent reorganisation and appointments made by Baru stand?
- Who are the officials blocking Kachikwu from seeing Buhari?President Muhammadu Buhari is under pressure to get to the bottom of the $25 billion contracts row and other matters at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).Now, Nigerians have raised those probing questions.expecting PMB reaction on the issue.
Minister of State for Petroleum Ibe Kachikwu, in a letter to the President, alleged that NNPC Group Managing Director (GMD) Maikanti Baru
- awarded $25b contracts unilaterally
- ran a ‘bravado management’, sidelining the board and the minister; and
- made key appointments without consultations.