One hundred and five girls are still missing after Boko Haram terrorist group on Monday attacked the Government Girls Secondary School in Dapchi, Bursari Local Government Area of Yobe State.
The girls were said to have run into the bush after the attack.
Some of the girls’ parents told the Agence France Presse that they had set up a support group after the attack, bringing to memory a similar situation which occurred when the insurgent group kidnapped 214 Chibok schoolgirls on April 14, 2014.
The chairman of the newly created group, Bashir Manzo, said, “Our first step was to compile a comprehensive list of all the missing girls. So far, we have compiled the names of 105.”
Now,the federal government has said she is sending more troops and surveillance aircraft to keep an eye on all movements in the entire territory on a 24-hour basis, in the hope that all the missing girls will be found.”
It will be recalled that Yobe governor was misinformed about the true situation.