Find the latest bookmaker offers available across all uk gambling sites www.bets.zone Read the reviews and compare sites to quickly discover the perfect account for you.
Wednesday , 22 August 2018

27 die in Mubi mosque attacks

At least, 25 people, excluding two male suicide bombers, were killed in a twin suicide bomb explosions which rocked a mosque in the popular Kasuwan Gonjo area of  Mubi, Adamawa State on Tuesday.

The police in their preliminary reports indicated that the masterminds of the explosions were two adult males suspected to be Boko Haram members.

The Adamawa State Commissioner of Police, Abdullahi Yarima, said the explosion which rocked the suburb of  Mubi  was carried out by two males.

He said the first explosion occurred inside a mosque where worshippers had converged for  the 1pm prayers.  Scores were injured in the attacks and were receiving treatment at various hospitals in Mubi.

“There was a first explosion inside a mosque. The mosque is inside the busy Kasuwan Gonjo, which sparked commotion but as people were hurrying to leave the market another explosion was set off by another suicide bomber near the entrance into the market,” he said.

This, eyewitnesses said, led to the death of many people while scores were injured. Uncertainty, however,  surrounds the number of persons who died in the explosion but the spokesperson for the Adamawa State Police Command, Superintendent Othman Abubakar, said some people were killed in the explosion.

However, the Principal Medical Officer at the Mubi General Hospital, Dr. Ezra Sakawa, said many people who were injured in the attacks were being treated at the health facility.

Sakawa put the number of dead victims at 27, adding that 56 others were injured.

The police spokesperson, Abubakar, who confirmed the incident on the telephone, however, said the casualty figure could be higher.

“We have scores of death as reported to me by the Divisional Police Officer in the area but the total figure of casualty is still unknown,” he said.

Also, the Chairman of Mubi North Local Government, Musa Bello, who confirmed the incident moments after it occurred around 1.30pm, said several corpses were being evacuated to various hospitals within Mubi township.

He said several market goers were injured in the explosion.

A resident, who identified himself as Sajoh Gella, told our correspondent that a total of 24 corpses were evacuated from the scene of the two explosions.

The blasts came after the one that occurred in a mosque in November in Mubi last year that claimed about 50 lives.

About Younews Ng

Check Also

9 bankers wanted for stealing over N500M ..See their photos

The Nigerian Police force has declared nine bankers wanted for stealing various amount of money ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *