The versatile actor who played Jelili in the comic Yoruba flick of the same title was announced for the new position on Monday.
Sharing the good news, the 43-year-old Law graduate wrote on Instagram: ”Today i was appointed as Special Assistant (SA) to the Kwara State Governor, on Arts, Culture and Tourism. Thank God 4 an opportunity 2 transform my state into a foremost tourist state that will attract foreign and domestic tourists. My fans i need ur support. Leave me not.”
Femi is the son of veteran actor Adebayo Salami, aka Oga Bello.
An award-winning actor, Femi made his first cross-over role, playing Banji in Kunle Afolayan’s movie, October 1.
- He was born in Ebute Meta area of Lagos but is from Ilorin in Kwara State.
2. He is the second son of the popular Oga Bello.
3. His mom is an Alhaja known as Risikat. Apart from being first wife of Oga Bello, she is a popular movie marketer who owns Ejide Films.
4. Femi Adebayo shares the same birthday with fellow actor, Odunlade Adekola.
5. He owns a film school named J-15 School of Performing Arts situated in Ibadan, Oyo State.
6. He attended the University of Ilorin where he obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Law. He also bagged a master’s degree in Law from the University of Ibadan.
7. He began acting in 1995, the same year he featured in the popular Tade Ogidan movie, Owo Blow.
8. He has three children – a girl and twin boys.
9. He has two younger ones – Sodiq and Tope – who are not just involved in the movie industry but are equally doing very well in the industry. Tope, like his father and Femi, is an actor and movie director while Sodiq works as the location manager in many movies.
10. Femi is Trophy Lager Beer brand ambassador.
-additional report from NET